|Also Known As:||John|
|Series:||Stupid Mario Brothers|
|Home World:||Real World|
|Debut:||All Good Things...|
|Conclusion:||A "Brief" Meeting|
- "You learn power; I create it."
- —The Darkness to Blaire before killing him the first time.
He was originally a normal teenager named John before he was approached by the Darkness and offered power akin to that of a powerful sorcerer named Vherestorm of his own creation. Blaire accepted, and gained the ability to copy power by witnessing it. After creating the Trifecta in order to help the Darkness in regaining a physical form, Blaire attempted to kill Mario so that he could become more powerful than the Darkness. This resulted in the newly resurrected Darkness to kill Blaire as a result of this treason.
Ganondorf would later revive Blaire, and recruited him to the League of Bad Guys. He now seeks vengeance. Blaire later went against Ganondorf's orders and took two rebellious ninjas to take out Mario and his friends. However, he was intercepted by Snake, Ryu, Ken, and two pirates. He succeeded in incapacitating Snake. He killed several pirates and defeated Ken, but was then confronted and killed for good by Waluigi.
Blaire was once a normal human named John. He was an ambitious, bullied teenager who was tired of his humdrum life and aspired to be great. He once wrote a story about a powerful sorcerer named "Vherestorm" for his English class; however, no one liked it, and they instead called him crazy.
One day, John was visited by The Darkness, who offered him all the power he had written about in his story if he helped him. John accepted the offer, as well as insisting to be refered to as "Blaire Vherestorm." Together, he and The Darkness built a power transfer compulsion system (The Beacon) that would absorb the powers of whoever was is the confines of the cave during its destruction, and transfer it to the Darkness.
However, The Darkness could not regenerate because Mario, whose physical form was the first he took, was powerless and as a result the universe demanded equilibrium. He decided that if the Mario Bros had to deal with a group of villains they would have no choice but to get their powers back, so he had Blaire recruit Liquid Snake, after he was shot by Solid Snake earlier, and also pick up Ken. Blaire made arrangements with them and they became The Trifecta. ("The Darkness Explains It All")
After the formation of the Trifecta, Blaire and his men ambush Mario and his friends, but leave them alive. ("All Good Things...") After they leave, Liquid and Ken question his plan, with Blaire giving them few answers. ("Ninjas GALORE!")
After Mario and the gang get their powers back, the Trifecta begins planning for the final battle. He has Liquid and Ken take up their positions while he heads into the forest to fight Mario. ("The Truth About Blaire Vherestorm!") However, this is where Blaire disobeys the orders of The Darkness. Instead of fighting Mario and his friends, he was supposed to cease action the moment they got their powers back. ("The Darkness Explains It All")
When the final battle begins, Blaire proves to be more than a match for Mario, but is interrupted right before killing him. The Darkness reveals himself to Blaire and Mario, and lets Mario run off before furiously confronting Blaire. The Darkness is disgusted by Blaire even thinking that he could be more powerful than him, and then kills him with his Black Widow Blade replica for disobeying his orders. ("Plumbers and Ninjas and Snakes OH MY!")
- "The anticipation is... exhilarating."
- —Blaire waiting for the Mushroom Force's arrival.
Blaire is subsequently resurrected by Ganondorf to serve in the Legion of Villains and get his vengeance, as he holds a vendetta against the Darkness and, to a lesser extent, Mario. ("32 bit stealth training")
Blaire goes up against Snake in the first battle between the Mushroom Force and League of Bad Guys. The two go toe-to-toe in a fistfight, until Blaire knocks Snake out with a headbutt. When the Darkness arrives at the base, Blaire, along with the others, charges at him, only to get frozen in place with the others. ("PIRATES VS NINJAS!") ("Shadow Scum VS Ganon....Or Ganondorf...Whatever his name is!")
Later on, because of his desire for vengeance, Blaire directly goes against Ganondorf's orders and leaves with a duo of rebellious ninjas to take down the Mushroom Force without assistance, despite Ganondorf's desire to kill Mario himself. Ness has a vision of this and warns the others about it. Subsequently, Blaire is intercepted on the soccer field by Snake, Ryu, Ken, and two pirates. Blaire greets his old comrade Ken, believing him to have chosen the wrong side. He then prepares to do battle against the group, unafraid of dying again, despite the fact that Ganondorf won't bring him back a second time. ("Operation: Vherestorm")
- "Goodbye Mr. Vherestorm. It was nice meeting you."
- —Waluigi kills Blaire.
Blaire succeeds in shooting Snake with his own gun, almost killing him. Ryu brings Snake to safety while Ken battles his old comrade. Blaire easily overpowers Ken but is then confronted by Waluigi. The two meet for the first time, but decide to keep the meeting brief. Waluigi, now more powerful than ever, launches several fireballs until Blaire runs off. Chasing him down, Waluigi throws a heavily intense fireball into his face and easily knocks Blaire to the ground a couple of times. Waluigi then stabs him with his beam sword, killing him once and for all. ("A "Brief" Meeting")
Blaire was an ambitious person that became annoyed very easily when someone questioned him. Primarily, he remained calm and commanding. His confidence in his strength stemmed from his newfound power. He also had a habit of putting emphasis on certain words. His ambition proved to be the end of him, wishing to be the most powerful being in the Real World which results in the Darkness killing him in disgust. His ambition to get revenge on Mario goes badly for him a second time when he goes against Ganondorf's orders and attacks the Mushroom Force, resulting in his second death.
- Learning Power: Blaire's ability was obtained from the character he wrote about in his English class. Vherestorm had the power, revealed by the Darkness, of "learning power." This could mean he either observes or battles to obtain the power used. However, it appears that, with his resurrection in Season Five, he lost the powers he learned in Season Four, as he was unable to block Ness's psychic powers or Waluigi's fireballs.
- Protection: Blaire used this ability to learn how to block other abilities. He was able to block Ness's psychic powers and Mario's fireballs.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat: Blaire's most used ability is his fighting skills, which he used in all of his battles.
- Blaire is one of the only character's who has deflected a fireball with his hands. The other being Nox Decious. However, Mario has consumed a fireball and converted it into one of his own and reflected one with his cape.
- Blaire's personality is what Richie originally wanted the Darkness to be like, calm and commanding.
- The camera can frequently be seen in the reflection of Blaire's sunglasses.
- Blaire's "Glasses" change frequently throughout the series, When first introduced he wore what look like Black tinted glasses. In Episode 57 he sported a pair of shades. In all of Season 5 he wears a larger pair of shades.
Blaire and the Darkness seemed to regard each other as equals in the beginning of their alliance, but Blaire's aspirations of greatness drove him to go against Darkness' orders and prove himself Darkness' superior, which eventually led to his death.
Blaire held a grudge against Mario in his time with the Trifecta because he was one who the Darkness was unable to defeat, so Blaire made it his personal ambition to kill Mario and prove himself stronger than Darkness. After his resurrection, Blaire chose to go against Ganondorf's orders and hunt down Mario himself for revenge.
- Blaire: "Snake, looking good. Nothing that matters, you'll be looking worse when I'm done with you."
- Snake: "You son of a bitch!"
- — Blaire and Snake preparing to battle.
After Snake killed Liquid during the battle against the Trifecta, Blaire tries to avenge Liquid's death by battling Snake after his resurrection. Unfortunately for Blaire, he was killed by Waluigi after wounding Snake.